PHONE: 020 8767 2777
SWLLC Debt Team provide advice on Debt and Money Management issues to people who struggles to make ends meet.
To volunteer as a Debt Adviser, you do not need to have previous experience or specific knowledge as full training (accredited formal course) and supervision will be given throughout your time with us.
The role would suit someone with with good problem-solving skills, good numeracy skills and an ability to engage well with people from a diverse range of cultures.
By volunteering with the Debt team, you could gain skills that could lead up to a qualification as a generalist level debt adviser!
General tasks for this role could include:
- Assist debt advisors with initial enquires to the Debt team
- Assist debt advisors with follow up debt advice, drafting of letters
- Assist the Thames Project Caseworker with applications to Thames Water and other utility services
- Assist in data compilation, general admin duties and any other tasks as designated by the debt team leader
- Assist Debt clients applying for discounts, grants, switching to better deals, benefit applications, benefit appeals and liaise with external organisations on behalf of the clients.
To become an administrative and reception volunteer, please register your interest via this link:
We shall contact you to let you know whether we have any roles available that match your interests, availability, skills and experience.
If there is a suitable role available, we shall invite you to an informal interview. This will give you a chance to ask questions and find out more about what volunteering involves.
If you have a disability, health problem or any other support needs, these can be discussed at your interview