PHONE: 020 8767 2777
Administrative and Reception volunteers assist our staff in providing a friendly and efficient service to the many clients, callers and visitors who enquire about our services.
The role is suitable for people from all walk of life, people who wish to gain experience in a legal or office environment or for whom already possess experience in a Customer oriented role, people who want to keep busy whilst contributing to make positive changes in the society or for people who are committed and motivate to access to justice.
Typical tasks involve:
- Providing initial point of contact with the public and clients (on the phone and in person).
- manage incoming calls and take phone messages, including voicemails.
- complete internal referral forms, including performings eligibility checks.
- signposting and referring members of the public to alternative suitable advice agencies where necessary
- Casework administration tasks such as: photocopying, filing, faxing, booking appointments, archiving, typing letters, dealing with DX and post.
You may also be asked to assist individual solicitors with administrative tasks, for example photocopying and scanning legal bundles, collecting or dropping legal files to Courts and Tribunals and other ad hoc tasks.
To become an administrative and reception volunteer, please register your interest via this link:
We shall contact you to let you know whether we have any roles available that match your interests, availability, skills and experience.
If there is a suitable role available, we shall invite you to an informal interview. This will give you a chance to ask questions and find out more about what volunteering involves.
If you have a disability, health problem or any other support needs, these can be discussed at your interview.